, an ent-copalyl diphosphate synthase
is an enzyme
the chemical reaction
- geranylgeranyl diphosphate ent-copalyl diphosphate
Hence, this enzyme has one substrate, geranylgeranyl diphosphate, and one product, ent-copalyl diphosphate.
This enzyme belongs to the family of isomerases, specifically the class of intramolecular lyases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ent-copalyl-diphosphate lyase (decyclizing). Other names in common use include ent-kaurene synthase A, and ent-kaurene synthetase A. This enzyme participates in diterpenoid biosynthesis.
- Fall RR, West CA "Purification and properties of kaurene synthetase from Fusarium moniliforme". J. Biol. Chem. 246 6913–28.
- Sun TP, Kamiya Y "The Arabidopsis GA1 locus encodes the cyclase ent-kaurene synthetase A of gibberellin biosynthesis". Plant. Cell. 6 1509–18.
- Kawaide H, Imai R, Sassa T, Kamiya Y "Ent-kaurene synthase from the fungus Phaeosphaeria sp. L487. cDNA isolation, characterization, and bacterial expression of a bifunctional diterpene cyclase in fungal gibberellin biosynthesis". J. Biol. Chem. 272 21706–12.
- W, Sassa T "Cloning of a full-length cDNA encoding ent-kaurene synthase from Gibberella fujikuroi: functional analysis of a bifunctional diterpene cyclase". Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 64 660–4.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is .
Gene Ontology (GO) codes