Enoch was established by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with Samuel O. Bennion's organization of the Enoch Branch in 1911. The first Latter-day Saint settlers had arrived in 1906. In 1908 a Sunday School was organized at Enoch. In 1910 a building was built for the Sunday School. In 1930 it was only one of eight communities in Texas where the church owned a chapel.
By the mid-1930s Enoch had two churches and two stores. In 1938 it had a population of 250. Dairying was the most important economic activity.
In 1951 the school in Enoch was consolidated into the Gilmer Independent School District. In the mid-1960s there were 125 residents of Enoch. By the 1990s the only functioning institution in Enoch was a church. In 2000 there were 25 inhabitants of Enoch.
In October 1953 when the Dallas Stake was organized the Enoch Branch was a unit in this stake. In 1958 the area was transferred into the Shreveport Louisiana Stake, and the Kelsey and Enoch branchs were merged with the Gilmer Ward to form the Kelsey-Gilmer Ward. As of 1997 Enoch was part of the Gilmer 2nd Ward.