is a Fortune 500
company that serves 2.9 million public utility
customers with energy, primarily electricity
and natural gas
- Berkshire Gas
- CMP - Central Maine Power
- CNG - Connecticut Natural Gas
- NYSEG - New York State Electric and Gas Corporation
- RGE - Rochester Gas and Electric
- SCG - Southern Connecticut Gas
- USS - Utility Shared Services - Formed in 2003 to provide IT, HR, Purchasing, Finance and Accounting services for the six regulated utilities.
- Central Maine Gas - a tiny natural gas company serving customers around Brunswick, ME
- Energetix! - an unregulated utility based in Rochester, NY
- New Hampshire Gas - a small propane/air utility in New Hampshire
the Spanish electrical company Iberdrola
agreed to purchase Energy East. The deal closed on September 17, 2008, valuing each Energy East share at $28.50. This represents a premium of 20.2% over the average share price for the 30 days prior to the offer announcement.