is the surname of a Swedish noble family
. The earliest reference dates back to 1529
, with Bengt Haraldsson
being the oldest of known ancestors. The surname Igelström originated thanks to Harald Bengtsson
(1604–1678) in 1645
and was registered in the List of Swedish noble families
. The successors of Igelstrom
owned estates in Livonia
and in Estonia
, in 1739
five brothers Igelstrom received the noble titles of barons
, and in 1792
and in Russia
The name was registered in several of the House of Nobility in the Baltic states and Germany under spelling Igelstrom or von Igelstroem.Summary of Genealogical Table of the Wanga Family
- Simon, lived 1350 - 1370. Squire. His shield: three silver bands in a blue Field.
- Magnus Simonsson, lived 1403. married with Margaretha von Putten.
- Anders Magnusson to Ljusefords. lived 1410 - 1436. He participated in Engelbrekt's War of Freedom. Magnus Anderson to the Big Wanga, lived 1444. Married with Christina Tonissadotter (widowed fromt he senator Carl Magnusson from Elifstorpa)
- Magnus Magnusson from the Big Wanga, lived 1490.
- Harald Magnusson from the Big Wanga. He was an established man of family and class.
- Bengt Haraldsson from the Big Wanga. He left Sweden in 1529. Married to Catharina Johansdotter Lind.
- Harald Bengtsson. Died in the 1570s'. Lord from Syrte and Soderby. Secretary at Elfsborg and Merchant in Lodose. Married Ragnhild Svensdotter.
- Bengt Haraldsson, district clerk, 1625.
- Anders Haraldsson, died 1649, Lord from Soderby, Syrte and Folered, district judge, was granted the honor of nobility with the name Appelbom (introduced 1647 under no. 325) Progenitor (first fathers) for the Noble and baron family, Appelbom.
- Harald Bengtsson Igelström. Died 1677.
- Harald Bengtsson Igelström (1604-1677), from Västergötland, Lord of Ropka Ropkoy), Wallikolta, Jermala and Taubenhoff manors in Tartumaa, Duchy of Livonia, Chamber Assistant and Colonel. Raised to the honor of nobility with the name Igelstrom (introduced 1647 under no. 320) Progenitor for the noble and Russian countly name Igelstrom.
- Harald Haraldsson Igelstöm (died 1678) Lord of Kärevere (Kerrafer), Laeva (Laiwa) and Ropka (Ropkoy) estates.
- Harald Haraldsson Igelstöm (died 1710 Druja an der Düna) Swedish and then Polish major, Lord of Kärevere (Kerrafer), Laeva (Laiwa) and Ropka (Ropkoy) estates.
Notable members in Russia