The name Emil
is a male given name
, deriving from the latin Aemilius
of the gens Aemilia
. The female given name is Emily
Famous bearers of the name Emil include:
- Emil Ali, Business Owner, Former Music Industry Executive
- Emil Brown, American baseball outfielder
- Emil Chuprenski (born 1960), Bulgarian boxer
- Emil Constantinescu, President of Romania (1996 - 2000)
- Emil Dimitrov, Bulgarian singer
- Emil Henrico, Head of IT Prime Focus world
- Emil Eagle, a bad guy in the Disney comics universe
- Emil Hirsch, American rabbi
- Emil Jones, Jr., Democratic politician, currently the president of the Illinois State Senate
- Emil Johnson, drummer for Black Flag
- Emil Kostadinov, Bulgarian football player
- Emil Lindenfeld
- Emil Lindstedt Famous Swedish floorball player and sound artist.
- Emil Nolde, German painter and printmaker
- Emil Post, mathematician
- Emil Salim, Indonesian politician and economist
- Emil Savundra
- Emil Schult, German artist and collaborator with the seminal electronic music group Kraftwerk
- Emil Steiner, (born 1978), Washington Post journalist and author the novel "Drunk Driving"
- Emil Steinberger, the stage name of the Swiss comedian
- Emil i Lönneberga, fictional character from a children's book written by Astrid Lindgren
- Emil Zátopek, Czech long distance runner
- Emile (1827), autobiographical novel based on Émile de Girardin's early life
- Emile, Canadian film made in 2003 by Carl Bessai
- Emile (producer), a hip hop producer
- Emile: Or, On Education (1762) by Jean-Jacques Rousseau is a treatise on education. The full title is Émile ou de l'education
- Emile de Becque, character in South Pacific (musical)
- Émile Durkheim, a French sociologist.
- Emile Ford, pop singer born in Saint Lucia.
- Émile de Girardin, French politician and journalist.
- Emile Heskey, English footballer
- Emile Hirsch, American actor
- Émile Lahoud, former President of Lebanon.
- Émile Waldteufel, French composer
- Émile Zola, French novelist
- Émile, character in 2007 Disney/Pixar film Ratatouille