The Einstossflammenwerfer 46
was a flamethrower designed in Germany
during the second half of World War II
and introduced in 1944; it was engineered to be both cheap and easily mass-produced. The disposable weapon fired a half-second burst of flame of up to 27m.
It was probably issued to the Volkssturm or the Werwolf movement, but also used by the German paratroopers.