A manor has existed at Ebrington for several centuries, it was owned by the Fortescue family who also had estates in Exmoor. The ancient church of St. Eadburgha shows many monuments to the family including one to Sir John Fortescue in his robes as Lord Chief Justice. Sir John died in 1476. The church is mainly Perpendicular with some Norman work remaining in the north and south doorwars, of its other treasures the church shows a 17th-century canopied pulpit and medieval stained glass windows. It is a church that is worth seeing.
'Lift-off for our city' at Ebrington's dazzling launch ; First Ministers' praise as thousands trip light fantastic at big party
Feb 15, 2012; THOUSANDS braved biting wind in Londonderry to celebrate the return of Ebrington Square barracks to civilian use after 170...