is a village
and civil parish
in the English
county of Berkshire
It is situated at in West Berkshire, north of Newbury very close to the A34 road which bypasses the village.
In 1620 East Ilsley was granted a charter to hold a sheep market in the village, this became the second largest sheep market, after Smithfield, London.
There is also a West Ilsley nearby.
Either West Ilsley or East Ilsley may have been the site of the Battle of Ashdown (Alfred the Great's victory against the Danes), the etymology of the name Ilsley is that it may be derived from Hilde-Laege which means "Place of Conflict".