is a municipality in the county of Troms, Norway
Dyrøy was separated from Tranøy September 1, 1886.
The municipality is named after the island of Dyrøya, today connected with the mainland with a bridge. However, most people are to be found in Brøstadbotn on the mainland.
The municipality (originally the parish) is named after the island Dyrøya
), since the first church was built there. The first element is dýr
n 'deer' (here reindeer
), the last element is øy
Until 1909 the name was written Dyrø.
The coat-of-arms is from modern times (1986). It shows a fox
(See also the coat-of-arms of Vegårshei.)