Inowrocław  is a town in northern Poland. According to the 2004 Census estimate the town has a total population of 77,641. Situated in the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship since 1999, Inowrocław was previously in the Bydgoszcz Voivodeship (1975-1998). Inowrocław is an industrial town located about 40 km southeast of Bydgoszcz known for its saltwater baths and salt mines. The town is the 5th largest in its voivodeship.
Inowrocław was seized by the Kingdom of Prussia in 1772 during the First Partition of Poland and added to the Netze District. Following the Congress of Vienna (1815), the area became part of Prussia's Province of Posen. The city and the region were renamed Hohensalza on December 5, 1904. The area was restored to Poland following the Treaty of Versailles and its earlier name was restored.
During World War II, Inowrocław was captured by the German army on September 11, 1939 and became part of the German military district (Militärbezirk) of Posen and was renamed Hohensalza. The city was incorporated into the German Reich on November 26, 1939, initially part of Reichsgau Posen (1939), and later Reichsgau Wartheland (1939-1945). German forces were defeated by the Red Army in January 1945 and the city was returned to Poland.
| Population || 1970 - 54 900 |
1980 - 66 100
1990 - 77 700
2000 - 79 400
2004 - 77 647