Dudmaston Hall is located near the village of Quatt, a few miles south of the market town of Bridgnorth, just off the A442 road. You can arrive at the hall by car, or walk one mile from Hampton Loade railway station and cross the River Severn using the chain ferry.
The property is a late 17th century country mansion and an example of a traditional Shropshire country estate in that it comprises the main hall, the landscaped gardens, parkland, managed woodlands, lakeside, farmland and the estate cottages for example at Quatt, a model village designed by London architect John Birch in 1870 for the workers and tenants of the estate.
The hall has been in the same family for 850 years and was given to the National Trust in 1978.
The hall contains an outstanding art collection, described by the National Trust as "one of Britain's most important public collections of modern art, including sculptures by Henry Moore and Barbara Hepworth plus an extensive collection of mid-20th century Spanish paintings and pottery, collected by former resident Sir George Labouchere during his diplomatic service.
Fishing permits to some of the estate's pools are available from Kinver Freeliners angling club
In 1814, Georgiana Whitmore, the daughter of the then owners, married computing pioneer Charles Babbage. Babbage lived at Dudmaston Hall for significant periods and even engineered the central heating system. Their son Henry Prevost Babbage's 1910 Analytical Engine Mill was on display at Dudmaston Hall until the 1980s, after which it was moved to the Science Museum.