Drogheda Grammar School
is located on the Mornington Road, Drogheda
, Co. Meath (Louth), Ireland
. It is a co-educational multi-denominational boarding and day school.
Drogheda Grammar School was founded under Royal charter in 1669 by Erasmus Smith and is one of the oldest secondary schools in Ireland, now enjoying its fourth century of continuous educational service to the community. Originally a boys' boarding school, it has now been a co-educational boarding and day school for over fifty years. The Trustees today are largely drawn from the Religious Society of Friends
(Quakers) and the Board of Management includes parents and teachers.
Until 1976, the school was located in Drogheda town centre, beside St. Laurence's Gate, but now enjoys a twenty-two acre rural setting just three kilometres outside the town, along the south bank of the River Boyne. The campus consists of a beautiful Regency house flanked by woodland, with modern classroom and dormitory buildings and extensive playing fields to its rear.
Famous Alumni & people assciated with the school