The former Drammens Tidende dates back to January 2, 1832, when it was known as Tiden, taking the new name in thirteen years later. Buskerud Blad dates back to July 3, 1883 when it was founded as a conservative alternative to Drammens Tidende and Drammens Blad, who were both pro-liberal. The next year Axel Raknerud becomes editor, and BB and DT are merged into one company in 1897 after DT was bought by the owner BB, Axel Lyche. In 1901 Raknerud when also becomes editor of Drammens Tidende. However the newspapers remain separate publications with the same staff. Not until February 1, 1961 are they united in a common publication and company. The firs acquisition of another newspaper occurs December 1, 1972, and in 1975 the offices in Oslo and Hønefoss are closed, followed the year after with a separate newspaper Smånytt fra Røyken og Hurum. In 1978 an offset press is bought and in 1980 the Notodden-based newspaper Telen. In 1993-94 the newspaper, until then owned by the Lyche and Raknerud families, sold to Orkla Media who were purchasing most of the independent newspapers in the country. The online newspaper is launched in 1998, followed by a name change in 2000 and change to tabloid format in 2004. Drammens Tidene was taken over with the rest of Orkla Media by Edda Media in 2006.