Doseido Colony, Texas
was a small historic Texas
settlement which was located in western Wilson County, Texas
one mile north of FM 775, at the intersection of county roads 321 and 361.
The community of Doseido Colony was a small, primarily African American, settlement in Northwestern Wilson County, Texas, one of Eight "colonies" established after the end of the Civil War.
In 1875 the community had a school and church both built out of hand-split logs, and filled with furniture handmade from logs. H. C. Abrams was the school teacher and he was paid $50 a month. With the growth of nearby La Vernia, Adkins, and Lone Oak, and after being bypassed by the railroad and major highways the community declined. All that remains now on the site of the settlement is the Doseido Colony Cemetery, which is partially overgrown by brush, and has many marked and unmarked graves.
- "The Good Old Days: a history of LaVernia" by the Civic Government class of LaVernia High School, 1936-1937 school year."
- "Wilson County Centennial 1860-1960" By the Wilson county library, Centennial program handed out at The 100yr centennial celebration."
- "Segregated schools of Wilson County" Floresville Chronicle Journal May 20, 1971.
- "African Americans in Wilson County Texas", Jamie L. Harris, Lynbrook Books, 2006.
- "Wilson County History", Diane Jimenez, Taylor Publishing Co. 1990