In 1237, two villages with name Sajlovo (Donje Sajlovo and Gornje Sajlovo) were mentioned to exist in this area. The original name of these settlements was Isailovo. Settlements were named after monk Isaija from nearby monastery that existed in the 12th century in the east of Rumenka. Name Sajlovo/Isailovo is of Slavic origin, which indicate that these settlements were initially inhabited by Slavs.
The north-eastern border of Sajlovo is Rumenački put (Rumenka Road), the south-eastern border is ulica Donje Sajlovo (Donje Sajlovo Street), and the western border is a western city limit of Novi Sad.