Donetsk Regional Russian Theatre of Drama (Донецький обласний російський драматичний театр, Донецкий областной русский драматический театр) is a theatre in Mariupol in southern Ukraine. The modern building of theatre has been constructed in 1960 year.
- 1847 - to Mariupol for the first time there has arrived troupe under the control of entrepreneur V. Vinogradova. Buildings of theatre in city were not, therefore the troupe gave representation in the rented barn in Ekaterininskaya street (nowadays - Lenin Av.).
- 1850 - 1860 - in a barn of the court yard of Popov (the local resident) suited the first theatrical room - "the Temple of a muse of the Melpomene": in a building there were no elementary conditions, but here during several seasons many troupes with participation of provincial actors of that time acted: Alexandrov, Neverov, Medvedeva, Stoppel, Novitsky, Minsky, Prokofyev, Piloni and others.
- 1878 - the first professional theatrical troupe appears in the city of Mariupol - the beginning of the Mariupol theatre is based. The son of a rich merchant of Vasily Shapovalov had been rented a room for theatre. The career actors I. Zagorsky, L. Zagorsky, L. Linitskaja and others have begun here.
- November, 8 1887 - opening of a new theatrical construction, which has been named the Concert hall (subsequently Winter theatre) with the big stage, convenient armchairs, a special place for an orchestra, auditorium on 800 places. A role of the Governor of a town in the first statement of the Concert hall "the Auditor" the owner of theatre and impresario has played
- 1880 - 1890 - performances of outstanding masters of the Ukrainian stage have taken place: M. Kropivnitsky, I. Karpenko-Kary, P. Saksagansky, M. Staritsky and others.
- 1920 - in city drama collective "New theatre" under A. Borisoglebsky management worked.
- 1934 - on the basis of city drama theatre is created All-Donetsk musical-dramatical theatre with constant stay in Mariupol (the head - A. Smirnov, the main director - A. Iskander).
- 1959 - to the Mariupol theatre is given the status Donetsk state theatre.
- November, 2 1960 - solemn opening again constructed building of theatre and the first representation has taken place.
- 1978 - the theatre has noted the 100-anniversary. A theatrical art the collective has been awarded for significant merits an award of Honour
- 1985 - the small stage of theatre is open.
Alongside with products of modern playwrights have always been submitted Russian and foreign classics: works Tolstoy
, Vladimir Nabokov
, Nina Sadur
, Samuil Marshak
, Evgeny Shvarts
and many others.
- The national actress of Russia - N. Jurgens,
- National actors of Ukraine - J. Doronchenko, S. Otchenashenko,
- The deserved actress of Ukraine, the winner of the premium of a name in M. Zankovetska - L. Rusnak,
- Leading actors: S. Nemchuk, N. Atroshchenkova, S. Lupiltsev, A. Arutyunyan, A. Shevchenko, S. Musienko and others.
The Mariupol theatre annually takes part in ukrainian and the international theatrical festivals:
Donetsk Academic State Theater of Opera and Ballet named after A. B. Solovyanenko