The village was founded in 1825 under name Ud-varsallas and was settled by 265 Catholic colonists. The village church was founded in 1861, and railway station in 1891. Before 1918, the village was part of the Krassó-Szörény county of former Austria-Hungary. After 1918, it was part of the Banat county of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes, after 1922 part of Podunavlje oblast and after 1929 part of Danube Banovina. From 1941 to 1944 it was occupied by German troops and was included into German-administered autonomous region of Banat within Nedić's Serbia, and since 1945, it is part of the autonomous province of Vojvodina within Serbia and Yugoslavia.