is the headquarters of Lakki Marwat Districtin
the North-West Frontier Province
. It is located at 32°41 25N 70°50'5E and has an altitude of 255 metres (839 feet), the town is administratively divided into 2 Union Councils
In 1844 Fateh Khan Tiwana, the revenue collector of the Sikh government, built and garrisoned a fort in the heart of Marwat which he called Ihsanpur. A town grew up under its walls and became the capital of Marwat until 1864, when the site was abandoned and the inhabitants removed to Lakki on the right bank of the Gambila River
. The municipality was constituted in 1874.
During British rule Lakki served as headquarters of the Marwat Tehsil of Bannu District then part of Dera Ismail Khan Division. The Population in 1901 was 5,218, the income during the ten years ending 1902-3 averaged Rs. 5,2oo, and the expenditure Rs. 5,300. In 1903-4 the income was Rs. 5,500, chiefly derived from octroi; and the expenditure was Rs. 5,100. The town had a dispensary and a vernacular middle school maintained by the municipality.