Diema (Диема) is a private Bulgarian cable television broadcaster. Founded in 1999, it is currently owned by the London Stock Exchange-listed Apace Media Plc (66%) and Diema Group AD (34%). Тhe company is headed by its founder Emil Slavchev and represented by two executive directors, Anatoli Belchev and Asen Radulov.
Diema currently operates three channels:
- Diema (Диема) is oldest and main channel, airing mainly films and sports, including matches from the English FA Premier League, Spanish La Liga, the French Ligue 1, the FA Cup and the Carling Cup, as well as the England national football team home matches.
- Diema 2 (Диема 2) is a secondary channel started in 2003 and featuring news and journalistic shows, as well as sports, such as football (the French Ligue 1), tennis (Wimbledon and the Tennis Masters Cup) and basketball (NBA).
- Diema Family (Диема Фемили), started in 2006, airs TV series and miniseries and extensive children's programmes
- Diema Extra (Диема Екстра)was a paid channel, airing PPV events mostly from English and Spanish Football Leagues. Later, most of these programs were moved to the other Diema channels, as few people signed up for the service, and advertising proved more profitable. In September 2007 Diema Extra was finally closed.
- Alexandra TV (Александра ТВ) was a movie channel but in July 2006 it was replaced by Diema Family
The New Generation
In late August 22
it was annonced the the Diema channels will significantly change their schedules and their logos. The new visual style for all channels officially appeared on September 1
and the new programmes were available from September 3
These programs currently are or have previously been broadcast by one of the Diema channels.
Feature TV series