- Rotary dial, a device for the input of numbers in telephones and similar devices
- A sundial or clock face
- Dial (display), a display device in radio, measuring instruments, etc
- Slang for a person's face, e.g., P.G. Wodehouse
- Dial House, an anarchist-pacifist open house in Essex, England
- Dial (soap)
- Dial Corporation, a consumer products company that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Henkel KGaA
- The Dial, an American magazine published intermittently from 1840 to 1929
- Dial Records, a name used by several record companies
- DIAL (Markup Language), Device Independent Authoring Language, a W3C Working Draft
- DIAL (Text Mining), Declarative Information Analysis Language
- Mode dial, part of dSLR and SLR-like digital cameras
- 'dial.' can be an abbreviation for 'dialect'.
Its original meaning was 'sundial
' and/or 'clock dial', from Latin diālis
= "daily", "concerning the day", because of its use in telling the time of day.