, a diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase
is an enzyme
the chemical reaction
- CDP-choline + 1,2-diacylglycerol CMP + a phosphatidylcholine
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are CDP-choline and 1,2-diacylglycerol, whereas its two products are CMP and phosphatidylcholine.
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring non-standard substituted phosphate groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is CDP choline:1,2-diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase. Other names in common use include phosphorylcholine-glyceride transferase, alkylacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase, 1-alkyl-2-acetylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase, cholinephosphotransferase, CPT, alkylacylglycerol choline phosphotransferase, diacylglycerol choline phosphotransferase, 1-alkyl-2-acetyl-m-glycerol:CDPcholine choline phosphotransferase, CDP-choline diglyceride phosphotransferase, cytidine diphosphocholine glyceride transferase, cytidine diphosphorylcholine diglyceride transferase, phosphocholine diacylglyceroltransferase, sn-1,2-diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase, and 1-alkyl-2-acetyl-sn-glycerol cholinephosphotransferase. This enzyme participates in 3 metabolic pathways: aminophosphonate metabolism, glycerophospholipid metabolism, and ether lipid metabolism.
- Coleman R, Bell RM "Phospholipid synthesis in isolated fat cells. Studies of microsomal diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase and diacylglycerol ethanolaminephosphotransferase activities". J. Biol. Chem. 252 3050–6.
- Lee TC, Blank ML, Fitzgerald V, Snyder F "Formation of alkylacyl- and diacylglycerophosphocholines via diradylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase in rat liver". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 713 479–83.
- Parthasarathy S, Cady RK, Kraushaar DS, Sladek NE, Baumann WJ "Inhibition of diacylglycerol:CDPcholine cholinephosphotransferase activity by dimethylaminoethyl p-chlorophenoxyacetate". Lipids. 13 161–4.
- Renooij W, Snyder F "Biosynthesis of 1-alkyl-2-acetyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine (platelet activating factor and a hypotensive lipid) by cholinephosphotransferase in various rat tissues". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 663 545–56.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is .
Gene Ontology (GO) codes