The term dervish
, sometimes spelt darvish
can refer to a number of concepts, some of which include the following:
- Dervishes, Sufi Muslim ascetic worshipper in a fraternity
- a nick-name for the Sudanese mahdists
- Darvish (music), a form of traditional Persian music often featuring instruments such as the Tar, Setar, Ud, Tombak, Daf, Kamancheh and Santoor. example link
- Dervish (dance), a type of dance
- Yu Darvish, a Japanese-Iranian Baseball player.
- Dervish (band), an Irish folk band.
- Dervishes, a class in the role-playing game Dungeons and Dragons, which can be found in The Complete Warrior book.
- In the Halo (video game series), Dervish was an early name in development for The Arbiter.
- In Guild Wars Nightfall, one of the additions is the Dervish profession.
- Dervish, the first of the Allied Arctic convoys of World War II carrying supplies for the USSR.