On 3rd May 1947, the centre moved to Delhi. The DSC was formed in the form of a semi-police force with police titles and badges of ranks. In 1948, these were replaced with military titles and badges of ranks.
In August 1958, the Corps was re-organised and brought under the control of Army Headquarters. The DSC and Records moved from Delhi to Chkrata in Uttar Pradesh in April 1959 and then to Kannur on 21st November 1961.
Today, the DSC Centre and DSC Records is located in Kannur town, on the road to Payyambalam Beach. The area is a part of the Cannanore Cantonment and is well-maintained by the Cantonment Board. The DSC centre at Kannur is the mother depot to all platoons in the country.
The centre imparts training to ex-service personnel of the Indian Army, Navy, Air Force and Territorial Army and recruits them to various agencies under the Army, Navy, Air Force and Territorial Army and to the Directorate General of Ordinance Factories and Directorate General of Research and Development.