Deep Tracks is an XM Satellite Radio channel featuring the deeper side of classic rock music, which encompasses lesser known album tracks, one-hit wonders, concert recordings, "forgotten 45s" and "B-side" tracks. The channel's format resembles progressive rock radio of the early 1970s.
Earle Bailey is Deep Tracks' programming director and one of its on-air voices; George Taylor Morris, Dan Neer, and Joe Bonadonna are also heard on the channel.
The station appears as channel 40 on XM Satellite Radio and was available online through AOL Radio. It can also be heard on DirecTV channel 840.
Deep Tracks is the home of a couple high profile programs on XM Radio, in addition to several specialty programs.
- Theme Time Radio Hour with Bob Dylan - Wednesdays at 10 AM ET/7 AM PT. Bob Dylan becomes the DJ for one hour every week on the channel, with several replays. Each week, Dylan chooses a new theme for the playlist he hand picks. Most of the songs Dylan chooses are obscure titles which are not in XM's library, and have to be searched out by creative director Lee Abrams. The show replays Thursday on XM15 The Village, and runs all day Wednesdays on XM2 XMX. The show is syndicated to the United Kingdom's BBC Radio 2 and BBC 6 Music.
- Tom Petty's Buried Treasure - Aired Mondays at 10 AM ET/7 AM PT. Tom Petty broadcasted each week from his Los Angeles home, bringing together a playlist of classic songs and obscure music from his collection. The show went on hiatus as Petty wished to devote his time to other projects, but soon returned to the airwaves. The show also airs all day Thursdays on XM2, XMX.
- Old, New, Borrowed and Blue - Weekdays at 9 AM ET/6 AM PT. Listeners send in their four-song set suggestions to Deep Tracks to play on the air, as long as the set includes something old, something new, something borrowed (a cover song), and something blue (a blues track, a sad song or even one with "blue" in the title).
- King Biscuit Flower Hour - Mondays at 3 PM ET/Noon PT. A nationally syndicated music show consisting of live performances from acclaimed rock bands. Encores are Tuesdays at 9 PM ET and Saturdays at 3 AM ET.
- Fresh Tracks - Mondays at 10 PM ET/7 PM PT. This weekly show plays new music from familiar artists.
- All Hand-Mixed Vinyl - Tuesdays at 10 AM ET/7 AM PT. Hosted by Bill Fitzhugh. Setlists are at http://www.billfitzhugh.com/
- Deep Tracks Undercover - Tuesdays at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT and Fridays and Saturdays at midnight ET/9 PM PT. This show features very recognized cover songs.
- The Grateful Dead Hour - Wednesdays at 11 PM ET/8 PM PT. Hosted by David Gans, this show features live Grateful Dead performances and covers from other artists.
- Final Friday Concert Series - On the last Friday of each month, this show appears on Deep Tracks to broadcast live concerts from the XM Performance Theater.
- The Blacklight Room - Fridays at 10 PM ET/7 PM PT. This is a specialty show for psychedelic music. Encores are Sundays at 2 AM ET.
- Earle Bailey's Headtrips - Saturdays at 5 PM ET/2 PM PT. This show features songs that tie in to a certain theme. The show is similar to Theme Time Radio Hour but with a more contemporary approach.
- The Art of Rock - Interviews with rock and roll artists.
- The Deep Tracks Box Set Symphony - A music and informative interview show based around music box-set releases. The show plays every song on the featured set, interlaced with interviews and stories from the band members and their friends.