is an ice-free rock 0.1 miles
) long marking the north end of the Dumoulin Islands
and the northeast end of Geologie Archipelago
. The French expedition under Captain Jules Dumont
d'Urville landed on a rocky islet in this vicinity in January 1840 and gave the name "Rocher du Debarquement." Positive identification of this feature has not been made, but on the basis of air photos taken by U.S. Navy Operation Highjump
, 1946-47, and surveys and geological studies made by the French Antarctic Expedition
during the 1950-52 period, the seaward position of Debarquement Rock is believed to correlate with the feature so named by d'Urville.