Dearham is a village and civil parish in the Allerdale district of Cumbria, England. It is situated about 2 miles east of Maryport and 4½ miles north-east of Cockermouth. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 2028. It is a large, strung-out village. The village has a small Primary School with approximately 173 children on roll and a Nursery with approximately 26 children on roll. There is a Church (St Mungo's, C of E) and a Methodist Chapel which is now a private residence. There are two Public Houses, a Post Office/village shop, a Fish and Chip shop, a hairdressers, a petrol station and a locally well known pie shop.
The church of St. Mungo, erected in the early 12th century, is a building of stone, with 13th Century chancel, nave, south porch and a 14th Century Pele tower. During restoration work carried out on the church in 1882, two stones were discovered: The first is the four foot high Adam Stone which depicts the fall and redemption of man and dates from 900 AD, the second is the Kenneth Cross which depicts the legend of the 6th Century hermit, St. Kenneth.
The village belongs to Cumberland's former coal mining industry. Wheat and oats were also grown in the farm fields surrounding the village.
The area is home to a large variety of birds and peacock and green-veined white butterflies. Fishing is available on the River Ellen.