is an English surname. It is a compound of 'Daw', a common diminutive of 'David' during the Middle Ages
, and kin
; literally "the kin of David".
It has also been linked with the Keynes family
as a derivative name.
It may refer to:
- Benjamin C. Dawkins, Jr. (1911–1984), US District Judge in Louisiana.
- Benjamin C. Dawkins, Sr. (1881–1966), US District Judge in Louisiana.
- Brian Dawkins (1973-), American football Safety for the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Sir Clinton Edward Dawkins (1859–1905), British businessman and civil servant.
- Darryl Dawkins (1957-), American basketball player and coach.
- Derek Dawkins, English footballer.
- Egbert Nathaniel Dawkins III aka Aloe Blacc, American soul singer and musician.
- Gookie Dawkins (1979-), Major League Baseball Shortstop.
- Jimmy Dawkins, Chicago blues musician
- John Sydney "Joe" Dawkins (1947-), Australian politician, instigator of educational reforms known as the Dawkins Revolution.
- John Dawkins, Australian politician, member of South Australian Legislative Council.
- Johnny Dawkins (1963-), American basketball player and coach.
- Marian Stamp Dawkins, professor of animal behaviour at Oxford, ex-wife of Richard Dawkins.
- Marvin Dawkins aka MC Romeo (1980-), British garage music MC and member of So Solid Crew.
- Peter Dawkins:
- Richard Dawkins (1941-), ethologist, evolutionary biologist, science populariser and noted atheist.
- Richard MacGillivray Dawkins (1871–1955), British archaeologist.
- Sean Dawkins (1971-), American football player.
- William Boyd Dawkins (1837–1929), British geologist and archaeologist.