is an IT process and decision automation platform developed by Stratavia
. It is intended as a highly scalable and flexible means for automating repetitive data center tasks, such as software upgrade and patch management, network and server provisioning
maintenance, application software rollouts, incident remediation, etc. The objective is to automate the everyday tasks that IT teams are faced with so they are able to focus on more important areas. Theoretically, this would reduce operational costs for those IT teams.
The SOP module within Data Palette lets users define and deploy Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs) for recurring, time consuming or complex tasks. This is the basis for IT Automation. These SOPs provide a means of standardizing business rules and a method for centralizing those standards so they can be used by team members across a company.
According to Tony Baer of DataMonitor Computerwire, "Data Palette correctly recognizes that the root cause analysis of an outage often boils down to more than just a single exceeded threshold".
Data Palette Version 4
On October 1
released Data Palette 4.0. According to a Network World product review, Data Palette 4.0 can now discover the state of the target environment, such as a server, and determine which if any action should be taken to restore the server to its desired state. For instance, the software could detect if the server is missing a patch that is required to make the server compliant with company policies.
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) building blocks and libraries for automating repetitive tasks
- Process work-flow & decision-point builder
- Predictive analytics
- Root cause analysis, monitoring & event correlation
- Cross platform support (application, database and hardware automation)
- Simplified IT compliance and reporting
- Supports adherence to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices and systems
- Mobile 'Nerve Center' allows for alerts and reports to be viewed with BlackBerry devices. This feature also allows users to execute Standard Operating Procedures from the device
- SNMP module allows Data Palette to interface with other network devices and systems
- Computerwire.com. Retrieved on October 1., 2007.
- NetworkWorld.com. Retrieved on October 3., 2007.