is a village
and civil parish
. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 102 . It is located 3 miles west of Dunham-on-Trent
The parish church of St Giles
is Transitional in style, heavily restored in 1855 by T.C Hine.
Kingshaugh House was originally a hunting lodge built to serve the eastern Le Clay division of Sherwood Forest
. It was fortified with earthworks in a rebellion of 1196 against King John of England
. A new lodge was built in 1210-11 at a cost of £550. This new build was abandoned after 1217. The present late 17th century farmhouse incorporates some masonry from this lodge