The steamboat Daring
operated in the early 1900s as part of the Puget Sound Mosquito Fleet
and was later converted into a tug.
was built at Tacoma in 1909 by the shipyard of Crawford and Reid for Matthew McDowell
’s Seattle-Tacoma-East Pass route. Daring
was 98' long and rated at 163 tons.
From 1916 to 1918, Daring
was operated as a tug by Chesley Tug Co. out of Seattle, and was then sold to Victoria, B.C.|Victoria interests where she was run under the name Clinton
Historic images from the on-line collection of the University of Washington