Daniel Gildenlöw (born June 5, 1973) is a Swedish musician and songwriter. He is best-known as a multi-instrumentalist and vocalist for Pain of Salvation, a Swedish progressive metal band. In the band, he is the main songwriter, lead guitar player, and the mastermind behind each album's concept.
He was also an official member of the band The Flower Kings, but left due to personal issues.
- 1984 - Gildenlöw formed the band Reality at age 11.
- 1991 - The name Reality was changed to Pain of Salvation.
- 1997 - Pain of Salvation released their first album, Entropia.
- 2001 - Gildenlöw formed part of the touring incarnation of Transatlantic, during their European tour.
- 2002 - Gildenlöw appeared as a guest member of The Flower Kings, providing vocals, guitar, keyboards and percussion, both on tour and on recordings.
- 2004 - Pain of Salvation played ProgPower V USA, performing right before headliners Edguy.
- 2004 - Gildenlöw is now regarded as an official member of The Flower Kings.
- 2005 - Gildenlöw left The Flower Kings.
- 2006 - Gildenlöw and his wife Johanna had a son, Sandrian Silver Khan
- 2006 - Gildenlöw lent his voice on the track "Threnody for an ending" on Axamenta's album Ever-arch-i-tech-ture.
- 2006 - Mayones endorsed Gildenlöw's signature guitar, "Elements"
- 2007 - Gildenlöw lent his voice on the track "Repentance" on Dream Theater's album, Systematic Chaos.
- 2008 - Gildenlöw participated on the Ayreon album 01011001.
Pain of Salvation
The Flower Kings
Crypt of Kerberos
- Genius : A Rock Opera-Episode 1-A Human Into A Dream World (vocals)as Twinspirit n.32
- Genius : A Rock Opera-Episode 2-In Search Of The Little Prince (2004) (vocals) as Twinspirit n.32
- Genius : A Rock Opera-Episode 3-The final surprise (2007) (vocals) as Twinspirit n.32
- Ink Compatible (2004) (vocals)
Hammer of the Gods