is a British journalist
. He was born in Brighton
in 1961. He has been economics editor of The Mail on Sunday
since 2000, before which he was for ten years a financial correspondent with The Guardian
, in which role he specialised in issues of regulation and fraud. Between 1985 and 1990 he was deputy City Editor of the Press Association, which he joined after an apprenticeship and a spell as business editor at the Evening Post in Reading.
Atkinson lives in his native Sussex with his wife and three children.
- The Gods that Failed: How Blind Faith in Markets has Cost us Our Future by Larry Elliott and Dan Atkinson (The Bodley Head, 2008).
- Fantasy Island by Larry Elliott and Dan Atkinson (Constable, 2007).
- Financial Mail on Sunday Complete Guide to the City by Dan Atkinson (Random House Business Books, 2002).
- The Age of Insecurity by Larry Elliott, Dan Atkinson (Verso Books, 1998).
- The Wrecker's Lamp: Do Currency Markets Leave Us on the Rocks? by Ruth Kelly and Dan Atkinson (Institute for Public Policy Research, 1994).