, channel 6, is a television station
of Philippine television network GMA Network
in Iloilo City
. Its studios are located at the APBC - GMA Broadcast Complex in Iloilo City
. Its transmitters are located at Jordan, Guimaras with the power of 30,000 watts and with effective radiating power of 72,000 watts. It covers the entire Western Visayas (Region 6).
GMA 6 Iloilo on Cable:
GMA TV 6 History
- February 1985 - DYXX-TV was launched.
- February 1986 - first satellite feed from Manila.
- February 1987 - first local newscast "Banat".
- January 1988 - first live coverage of Dinagyang Festival in Freedom Grandstand, Iloilo City.
- February 1999 - upgraded transmitter from 1 to 10 kilowatts.
- July 1999 - upgraded studio facilities & equipment.
- October 1999 - launched local news program "Ratsada", and variety show "Bongga!".
- November 2001- "Bongga!" wins the Best Regional Variety Show award at KBP Golden Dove Awards.
- September 2005- GMA Iloilo draws a record crowd of 60,000 people at the Iloilo Sports Complex during the first Grand Kapuso Fans Day in Iloilo. Noontime shows "Bongga!" and "Eat Bulaga!" aired live from the venue.
- January 2006- "Ratsada" and "Bongga!" were re-launched and were taken under the wing of GMA News and Public Affairs and GMA Entertainment TV group respectively.
- October 2007- The new studio along GMA Broadcast Complex in Alta Tierra Village, Iloilo City was opened.
- February 2008- "Istayl Naton" (Our Style) a new show by GMA Entertainment TV Group in Western Visayas is launched.
DYXX GMA TV 6 Shows
DYXX GMA TV 6 Defunct Shows