- Potato chips, a snack food made from potatoes, known as crisps in many Commonwealth countries. They are a popular, light and crunchy snack.
- Corn chip, a snack food made from corn
- Tortilla chip, a snack food made from corn tortillas
- Chips, French fries, long cuts of potato that are deep fried
- Chocolate chip, small chunks of chocolate, used for making chocolate-chip cookies, among other things.
- Banana chips, deep fried or dried slices of banana covered in honey or sugar.
- Chip (CDMA), the fundamental unit of transmission in CDMA
- CHIP (programming language), based on Prolog
- Chip card, credit card, payment card or identification card containing an embedded integrated circuit.
- CHIP-8, a programming language used for video game programming in the 1970s
- Chipseal, a pavement surface treatment.
- Chiptune, music synthesized by a computer sound chip
- ChIP (chromatin immunoprecipitation), a molecular biology method to map DNA sites of specific protein-DNA interaction, such as promoters
- Integrated circuit
- Modchip, hardware modification to circumvent DRM systems in game consoles
- Transponder timing chip, a miniature transponder used in timing running events, usually attached to the shoe
- Chip, a character in Disney's version of Beauty and the Beast
- Chip, a character in the movie "National Lampoon's Animal House" who pledged and was accepted into the Omega house; the role was played by Kevin Bacon
- CHiPs, a television series about the California Highway Patrol (1977-1983)
- CHiPs '99, the television reunion movie (1998)
- The Chips a short-lived New York doo-wop band from the 1950s
- Chips (band), a Swedish pop and country group
- Ch!pz, a Dutch band popular in The Netherlands and in some European countries
- Mr. Chips, the mascot for the UK game show Catchphrase
- Chips, Irish pop group from the 1970s and 80s, featured Linda Martin
- Buffalo chip or cow chip, dried bovine feces.
- Casino token or poker chip, a token of currency in gambling
- CHIP (magazine), a German computer magazine
- Chips (dog), an American wardog who served in World War II
- Chip (wood), small piece of wood.
- Chips (literary magazine), the award winning literary and art magazine of Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School
- Chip's Challenge, a computer game
- Common Hybrid Interface Protocol System or CHIPS defines Mixed Interface and Protocol Systems used in serial communications
- DNA chip, a synonym for DNA microarray
- Goodbye, Mr. Chips, a novel by James Hilton, first published in 1934
- State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), the State Children's Health Insurance Program in the U.S.
- A type of football (soccer) shot
- A type of golf shot
- Chip, a footballing term describing a high and lofted shot.
- Foot chip, a type of climbing hold.
- CHIP, in the UK the Chemical (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations 2002. These are sometimes also known as CHIP3.