(ಡಿಡಿ ಚಂದನ) is a Kannada
channel owned and operated by Prasar Bharathi under Doordarshan
; supported by Doordarshan studios in Bangalore
. Launched in 1994 DD Chandana has entertainment serials, infotainment programmes, news and current affairs, social programmes and film programmes as its major content. In terrestrial mode, DD Chandana is available to 81.7% of the population of Karnataka
The channel has given the audience a number of memorable programmes of which most popular being
- Varthegalu - News in Kannada
- Chitramanjari - Kannada Film songs
- Thatt antha HeLi - Quiz in Kannada
- Suththona Namma Nadu - A travel guide for Karnataka
- Kathaa Saritha/Maalike/ - which showcased numerous short stories of Kannada Literature
- Karnataka Shasthreeya Sangeetha programme.
Chandana in Kannada means sandalwood.