Reisholz is an industrial part of the city. Its history started in 1905 by creating an harbour to the Rhine, a goods station and an industrial area by the Industrie-Terrains Düsseldorf-Reisholz (IDR) company. Many factories in the chemical branche, in engine building industry, in paper industry, petrochemical manufactures and an oil raffinery went to Reisholz. In 1907 the IDR company spended a neogothic church. It was rised down, when the Henkel Company expanded in Reisholz, but Henkel built a new church for Reisholz. Reisholz belonged to Benrath and became a part of Düsseldorf together with Benrath in 1929.
In the harbour of Reisholz will be constructed a new business and living area in the fellowing years.
This article is based on a translation of an article from the Hauptseite.