Lohausen was written mentioned first time in 1147. It was one of the seats of the Knights of Kalcheim (today: Kalkum). Lohausen was a farming settlement for a long while. In the 19. century an industrialist bought the Castle of the Knights of Kalcheim and created a park. After that, more rich people went to Lohausen and it became an exclusive place of living. In 1929 Lohausen became a part of Düsseldorf. The airport opened in 1927.
Lohausen has an area of 11.66 km², but only 2,917 inhabitants, what means the population density is about 250 inhabitant per km².
This article is based on a translation of an article from the Hauptseite.