Branded Evening Brown Cyllogenes suradeva is a Brown butterfly that is found in the Himalayas.
The butterfly is found in the Himalayas in Sikkim
As per Evans it is Rare.
- For a key to the terms used see Lepidopteran glossary
The Branded Evening Brown is 75 to 85 mm in wingspan and broadly resembles the Melanitis Evening Browns, with a strong purple tinge above. The upper forewing has a narrow yellow apical band which does not reach the termen. The male has a large black brand on the upper forewing at the bases of 2 to 5 and the end cell.
It is a low elevation butterfly.
- Beccaloni, G. W., Scoble, M. J., Robinson, G. S. & Pitkin, B. (Editors). 2003. The Global Lepidoptera Names Index (LepIndex). World Wide Web electronic publication.
- Evans, W.H. (1932) The Identification of Indian Butterflies. (2nd Ed), Bombay Natural History Society, Mumbai, India
- Marrku Savela's Website on Lepidoptera
- Wynter-Blyth, M.A. (1957) Butterflies of the Indian Region, Bombay Natural History Society, Mumbai, India.