Water Country USA
is a water theme park in York County, Virginia
, about 3 miles (5 km) southeast of Williamsburg
. It is the Mid-Atlantic
's largest water park
, and it offers live entertainment, shops and restaurants, water rides, and other attractions, all of which have a 1950s or 1960s surf theme. It is owned by Busch Entertainment Corporation
(BEC), the family entertainment division of Anheuser-Busch
. The park is just a few miles away from Busch Gardens Europe
, with which it shares clientele. Multi-park passes are available, and a parking pass at Water Country USA is valid for same-day entry to Busch Gardens Europe.
- Aquazoid: Family ride. About 80% enclosed in the dark, had special effects but most were abandoned, and four water curtains.
- Big Daddy Falls: Family ride with a tunnel, water curtain, a "cannon blaster," and two splash pools.
- Hubba-Hubba Highway: Fast-moving action river with interactive water features.
- Jet Scream: Four single-rider inner-tube slides.
- Juke Box Tower: Home of three body slides known as "Funky Chicken", "The Hully Gully", and "The Twist".
- Malibu Pipeline: Two mirror image slides with covered sections and two water curtains.
- Meltdown: Slowest but steepest ride in the park, with a three person tube.
- Nitro Racer: This ride uses six slide lanes to allow guests to race face first on plastic/foam mats.
- Rampage: A toboggan slide which drops riders 75 feet at a 60 degree angle.
- Surfer's Bay: Virginia's largest wave-pool, offering four-foot waves.
- Wild Thang: Two person inner tube ride through open/covered sections and three water curtains.
- Little Twister: A small pink children's water slide. Repainted and re-named the Little Bopper starting with the 2008 season.
- Atomic Breakers: A series of slides and splash pools. Closed and removed 2007.
- Lemon Drop: 2 short Yellow body flumes which dropped into a deep (10 ft) section of the Adventure Isle pool. Closed and removed in 2008.
- Peppermint Twist: Two steep purple-colored body slides take riders through a 180 degree curve. This ride closed following the 2007 season. The tower, however, remains intact and will be used as the tower for the new Jammin' Jukebox body slides.
- Volleyball Courts: Several beach volleyball courts that took up the space where Hubba Hubba Highway is now, and before that were located across from Jet Scream where the lockers are. (Catering was where the restrooms are.)
- Island Quest: a 20 minute performance by high divers, acrobats and trampoline artists.
- Adventure Isle: A water obstacle course surrounded by Water Country's Rambling River, around which guests may float on one- or two-person inner-tubes. Was renamed Rock & Roll Island in the 2008 season. The pool was filled in to 3 foot and re-painted, 3 new tube slides debuted on May 8, 2008.
- Cow-A-Bunga: A heated water playland for children under 54", offering water slides, fountains and waterfalls.
- H20-UFO: Slides and fountains in an area set aside for patrons under 56".
- Kritter Korral: Play equipment and miniature slides for the park's smallest guest. Reserved for children under 50".