A palette is: a surface on which a painter mixes colour pigments. A palette may be made of wood, glass, plastic, ceramic tile or other inert material and can vary greatly in size and shape. The most commonly known type of painter's palette is made of thin wood board designed to be held in the artist's hand and rest on the artist's arm.
Palette may also refer to:
- Cosmetic palette, an archaeological form
- Palette (computing), in computer graphics, a set of colors
- Palette window, in computing, a window type often containing tools
- the valve under an organ pipe which is connected to the keyboard(s)—as opposed to the stop valve
- the name of a mannequin humanoid robot designed for the fashion and service industry by Tatsuya Matsui of Flower Robotics, Inc.
- Palette AOC, a wine Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée in the Provence region of southern France
- Palette Records, a record label
A palette should not be confused with the following orthographically distinct items:
- *Palate, the roof of the mouth
- *Pallet, a holder for goods for use with a forklift