People whose family name
is or was Cosgrove
- John Cosgrove- Part of the DOJ under Kennedy
- Peter Cosgrove, a former chief of the Australian Defence Force.
- Paul James Cosgrove, a Canadian jurist and former politician.
- Clayton Cosgrove, a New Zealand politician.
- Mark Cosgrove, South Australian cricketer
- Mike Cosgrove, sidekick to the superhero Freakazoid.
- Miranda Cosgrove, an actress in the United States.
- John Cosgrove, a member of the Virginia House of Delegates
- Hazel Cosgrove, Lady Cosgrove, Scottish Queen's Counsel and sheriff
- Kevin Cosgrove, a victim of the 9/11 attack; was a claims vice president of Aon Corporation.
- Paddy Cosgrove, Former Chairman of Mayo County Council, Ireland.
- Daniel Cosgrove, an American actor.
Cosgrove is an anglicisation of the surname 'Mac Oscair' meaning "son of Oscar".
Another possible origin comes from Gaelic for victorious/champion.
Places called Cosgrove include: