is the logo of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
The medieval castle
as a logo was started in 1840 on an informal basis. Beginning in 1841, cadets at the United States Military Academy
at West Point, New York
wore personal insignia of this type known as Gold Castles
on their uniforms as they became commissioned officers in the U.S. Army
. In 1902, the Corps Castle was formally adopted by the Army as the insignia of the Corps of Engineers. On uniforms, the logo is customarily gold in color, although it was changed to silver from gold from 1894 to 1921.
In visual color media, the Corps Castle logo is customarily presented in red and white colors.