Compassion International (Taiwan)
- humanitarian non-profit organization
helping needy children in Vietnam
and aboriginal communities of Taiwan
. Founded in 1995
and based in Taiwan
It declares its mission to devote itself to converge support from general public to ensure the underprivileged areas to achieve the world highest humanity development level.
- Improve living environment of people
- Provide medical services and resources
- Scholarships and financial aid for elementary school and high school children
- Subsidies for the poor
- Reconstruction of aboriginal communities in Taiwan
- Disaster relief
- Follow-up services for children that have received financial aid.
The operations in Vietnam are mainly concentrated on the central part of the country, where international assistance was usually non-sufficient. In 2005, Compassion Intarnational spent 300,000 USD on its projects in Vietnam.
This article is related to the List of non-governmental organizations in Vietnam.