Colwall is a large rural Herefordshire village and civil parish on the border with Worcestershire, nestling into the side of the Malvern Hills. Different parts of the village are known as Colwall Stone, Upper Colwall and Colwall Green along over a mile of the B4218 road. The distinguishing view from Colwall is that of British Camp (Herefordshire Beacon), which forms part of the Malvern Hills.
Colwall is well known as a sporting village, the main focus being on cricket. Colwall contains the largest cricket ground in the county. It is also considered to be the home of women's cricket in England: the Women's Cricket Association was founded in Colwall in 1926, and a Women's Cricket Week is held there every year. The Horton brothers, Joseph and Henry, who both played first-class cricket for Worcestershire – Henry went to greater fame with Hampshire – came from Colwall.
Coca-Cola (formerly Schweppes) has a bottling plant for Malvern Water here. There is a railway station, just one platform, on the single track line between Great Malvern and Ledbury railway station at Ledbury, which passes through the Colwall Tunnels dug under the Malvern Hills between 1856 and 1860.
Near to the station is the mock Georgian, country house style Colwall Park Hotel, purpose built in 1905 to serve the now defunct Colwall Horse Racecourse.
Colwall has expanded in the past ten years with the development of "Pedler's Field" and other parts of the village.
Colwall has a grocery shop, a fruit & veg shop, a butcher's shop, a chemist, an estate agent, a cake shop, a Thai restaurant, and several pubs and churches. Its post office closed in 2007, but a new post office (housed within the former chemists) was opened on Mon 23rd June 2008, sponsored by Colwall Parish Council.
Legend has it that the Colwall Stone was rolled down from the Malvern Hills by a giant whose footprint can be seen to this day on the slopes of the British Camp.