is a manga created by mangaka Akimine Kamijyo running in Weekly Shonen Magazine through Kodansha. It tells the story of a cute high-school girl who is an aikido expert and a new transfer student, a boy with mysterious powers.
Riding the bus one day, Sakurakouji Sakura looks out the window to see people being burned alive with a blue fire and a boy her age who's unharmed and standing over the people. She comes back to the site the next day and there are no corpses or evidence of any kind of murder, just a small fire. She then goes to class to find there's a new transfer student who looks exactly like the boy she saw before and wears a black glove only on his left hand.
- The main character, Sakura, is thought of as cute and helpless by boys who think they should protect her, but she's actually a martial arts expert and turns down guys who ask her out because they don't know the real her. Prior to the storyline, she found an old dog whose homeless owner had died a few months before the start of the story. She attempts to befriend the dog whom she promptly names "Dog". Her attempts are fruitless until Oogami comes. She is apparently an exception to Rei's fire and cannot be burned. Sakura disagrees strongly with Oogami regarding his views on people, specifically criminals, and that they are trash who need to die. It is later revealed that she is the daughter to the most respected head of the yakuza.
- The secondary character is a mysterious guy that not much is known about. He was originally seen by Sakura in the park, then immediately becoming a transfer student at her school the next day. He wears a black glove on his left hand. His part time job is eliminating the "trash" of the people. He has so far eliminated a local gang called G-falcon who were attacking Sakurakouji and Dog, the local yakuza who controlled G-falcon, and a group of corrupt police officers, one of them vaguely knowing who the Code Breakers are. He also apparently killed his own parents. His Code Breaker codename is 06.
- Oogami's left hand is capable of causing anything he touches (aside from Sakura) to combust into blue flames. He claims to be part of a group known as Code Breakers who reputedly exist outside of the law and will not be held accountable for their actions. He is supposed to eliminate any witnesses to his powers, but he cannot fulfill this in Sakura's case because he cannot cause her to combust.
- Oogami believes strongly in the idea behind the Code of Hammurabi, often citing the quote "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" and adding on "and evil for evil." Oogami fulfills a role similar to an anti-hero. Although he seems totally uncaring towards anyone, Sakura notes that his actions belie his words and that he wouldn't go to such lengths if he didn't truly care. He also appears to have a hobby in swordsmanship and is quite skill as well, able to slice through arrows while still in flight.
- Another person who is a Code Breaker like Rei. Like his sister, who is one of Sakura's classmates, he has heterochromia and is seen to be a chain smoker. After he is introduced, it's shown that he is stronger than Rei (as he is able to grab ahold of Rei's left arm, while on fire, to use it to light his cigarette) and seems to know Rei's history. His Code Breaker codename is 04. He apparently thinks Sakura is strange based on his comments about her actions. His power has to do with magnetism.
- A classmate of Sakura's that wants to kill her.
- The head and highly respected man of the yakuza that is said to fight the strong and help the weak and nicknamed "The Raging Dragon of the East". However he is revealed to be a weak ill man who gets nosebleeds when he gets overexcited, but loves his daughter dearly and only wishes for her to be happy and untainted by this world. Yet when he met Rei he could easily see the killer intent in his eyes and warned him that if anything were to happen to his daughter, he would be next.
- She is introduced in chapter 17 where Rei and Toki mistook her for Sakura's little sister. She looks like a grade schooler and appears to like to dress up as one, much to the dismay of her daughter. She believes that Sakura is dating either Toki or Rei.