|Founded||April 21 of 1937|
|Team Stadium|| San Carlos de Apoquindo|
Santa Rosa de Las Condes
|Sport Branches|| Basketball|
The club Club Deportivo Universidad Católica is a sporting organization from chile representing the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile that puts together 14 sport branches, being the most famous the Soccer branch.
Since its fundation, the colors that identify the team are the white and the blue. While in their club's logo you can see these same colors with red, besides representing it with a cross, showing the club's catholic character.
The Club fundation was in 1908. Even though the sports activities in the university began years before, the idea from Raúl Agüero in 1925 to gather sport activities from the university under the same name was the beginning of the formation of what became the Club Deportivo Universidad Católica. This way, it began to act as an organized identity and totally dependent from the university on August 30 of 1927, when the then director, Monseñor Carlos Casanueva obtained the permits to use Campos Sport de Ñuñoa for the sporting activities of the university.
It began its participation in the University Confederation of sports in (1928), participating together with the Universidad de Concepción, the Universidad Católica de Valparaíso and the Universidad de Chile.
On april 19 of 1937 the university gets to join the Central Association of Soccer. Because of this, a group of students from the university, got together in a house of studies in Santiago de Chile on April 21 of 1937 to discuss the organization of the club. This would become the official date of foundation.
The soccer branch made its official debut on june 13 of 1937 in the then Segunda División of Chilean professional soccer, in a game against Universidad de Chile, the long time rival of the club, in the military stadium.
In the beginning part of the 1980s, it began the migration of some sporting branches to the Sporting complex named San Carlos de Apoquindo.
Emulating the melody utilized by the supporters of the British club Manchester United, they gave birth to the Anthem of the institution, immortalizing the phrase "Por la Patria, Dios y la Universidad", which translates to "For the country, God and the University".
Years later, the municipality of Las Condes gave, for 99 years, some land located in Santa Rosa, that later on became known as the Santa Rosa de Las Condes Sport complex.
In 1971 the club lost its stadium due to the poor economic situation of the university.