Clonsilla railway station is a railway station that serves Clonsilla, County Dublin, Ireland.
It lies on the Dublin
commuter route. The level crossing here is still a gate crossing, operated from a wheel in the signal cabin. The Dunboyne branch of the Western Commuter line will branch just after the station, as it did prior to its closure and removal; and is currently under construction. The station is one of the original four Western Commuter
stations which became part of the line on its inception in 1982, the others being Ashtown
, Leixlip Louisa Bridge
, and Maynooth
. Nowadays the station is served by services from Dublin Pearse
and is the terminus of the Docklands branch
The station opened on 1 September 1848 and was closed for goods traffic on 17 June 1963.. The footbridge at Clonsilla was originally located at the former railway station in Listowel
, County Kerry
but was relocated after the North Kerry line was abandoned in 1988. The station underwent an upgrade in 2000 that saw the platforms lengthened and a new station building being constructed.
Between here and Leixlip Confey is what's left of the old Lucan North station (also know as Coldblow) which closed on 8 October 1941. All that remains of the station is a small red brick building on the bank between the tracks and the canal. This building was a waiting room. The station was opposite this but has become a private residence and has been extended and renovated.