and Classics Live II
are a set of albums by the Boston
, released in 1986 and 1987, respectively. Together, they constitute the band's second live offering, after Live! Bootleg
Classics Live! was recorded during a period when Aerosmith was imploding from personal and musical problems. They were heavy drug addicts, their guitarists were leaving and coming back, and their albums were not selling well. Most of the songs were already released on Live! Bootleg
It is not listed which of the four guitarists played on which tracks. Although, perhaps due to internal tension or licensing issues, none of the tracks contain songwriting credits for Joe Perry, except for the one Aerosmith song he did not play on in the studio version.
Major Barbara was a song originally recorded for Get Your Wings and thereafter cut. An alternate version is available on the compilation, Pandora's Box.
- "Train Kept A-Rollin'"* (Tiny Bradshaw, Lois Mann, Howard Kay) – 3:18
- "Kings and Queens" (Steven Tyler, Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton, Joey Kramer, Jack Douglas) – 4:39
- "Sweet Emotion" (Tyler, Hamilton) – 5:00
- "Dream On" (Tyler) – 5:02
- "Mama Kin"* (Tyler) – 3:43
- "Three Mile Smile"* (Tyler, Perry) / "Reefer Head Woman"* (Lester Melrose, J. Bennett, Jazz Gillum) – 4:55
- "Lord of the Thighs"* (Tyler) – 6:42
- "Major Barbara" (Tyler) – 4:01
* Songs recorded at Orpheum Theater, Boston, MA - February 14, 1984.
Classics Live II
Classics Live! II
mainly features tracks recorded at a New Year's Eve
show in 1984, with all five original members once again reunited. The other two tracks were the first track of 1985s Done with Mirrors
, "Let the Music Do the Talking
", and a rendition of 1977s "Draw the Line
" from California Jam II
. Of note, Classics Live 1 has gone Platinum while Classics Live 2 has
only gone gold.
- "Back in the Saddle"* (Tyler, Perry) – 4:39
- "Happy Birthday"* (Patty Hill, Mildred Hill) / "Walk This Way"* (Tyler, Perry) – 4:22
- "Movin' Out"* (Tyler, Perry) – 5:45
- "Draw The Line" (Tyler, Perry) – 5:05
- "Same Old Song and Dance"* (Tyler, Perry) – 5:23
- "Last Child"* (Tyler, Brad Whitford) – 3:44
- "Let the Music Do the Talking" (Perry) – 5:47
- "Toys in the Attic" (Tyler, Perry) – 4:05
* Songs recorded at Orpheum Theater, Boston, MA - December 31, 1984.
Classics Live Complete
In 1998, Classics Live Complete was released, compiling the two albums on one CD.
Classics Live I
Classics Live II