The Clarion Cycling club was formed in Birmingham England in 1894 renamed from the Socialists Cycling Club. By 1895 after its first annual Easter Meet at The Isaac Walton Hotel the Clarion became the National Clarion Cycling Club. That cycling club has has unbroken running as a club since then to this day.
Today there are some 25 member sections and over 600 members throughout the UK.
The club's motto is 'fellowship is life'.