is a railroad station
located in Setagaya, Tokyo
, served by Keio Electric Railway Keiō Line
. It is the westernmost station of the Keiō Line in the 23 special wards of Tokyo
. Trains cross the Setagaya-Chōfu
border west of the station.
This station has two ground-level side platforms
. Both are connected by stairs to two small underground concourses beneath the tracks.
Around the station is an extensive shopping zone.
Just north of the station is the Karasuyama District Administration Office. This is one of the five district offices with which the local Setagaya government administrates the special ward.
The station opened as Karasuyama Station
on April 15
when the Keio Electric Tramway started its operation between Sasazuka Station
and Chōfu Station
The station renamed Chitose-Karasuyama Station on August 7, 1929. Chitose is the name of the village which administrated the area until its merger into Tokyo on October 1, 1936. It is uncertain whether the name change was related to the opening of another Karasuyama Station by the government railway in Tochigi Prefecture in 1923.